Monday, December 25, 2006

 

la vie en rose

last monday i went to jurong island for work.. how troublesome.. the exchanging of passes.. the crazy long journey from clementi to jurong island.. the lack of greenery in jurong island... the lack of smiles as well.. its a depressing place.. i wun ever work in such environment ever.. regardless of the paycheck... there's too much at stake. lol

the slackiest so far! there werent any sign-ups and we talked from 10 till 430.. with naps in between.. the mee rebus was delicious and damn cheap tho(1.50 like primary sch canteen).. at least there is something to look forward to for these workers.. lol
we exchanged horror bgr stories.. and i realise we had a wise r/s guru here.. tho he doesnt resemble an expert.. excuse me but yah...

then we went back.. along the way we had to declare our items.. and the guy in charge is a cute malay gay.. hes really nice..he sympathised with us.. how sweet of him..given someone else.. ...
yet another one to reinforce my perception-all gays are nice guys..

tues- i worked at this place with interesting architecture..
its at simei and it has depressing surroundings.. cuz each individual cubicle has walls that are like 2 metres high and its pretty obvious if you walk over to your colleagues desk.. its damn quiet and super chit-chat-unfrenly.. thank goodness there's email. and i cannot imagine office sex here.

then we all, being bored.. played bingo..
once a while we gotta fence off buzzing silly customers with scathing sacarstic stinging remarks cuz they cannot get the deals their way.. how horrid.

after the roadshow is over.. we were driven back to the mrt by our in-charge.. then along the way i met this guy from this insurance company.. (NOT ANOTHER ONE) you noe those irritants who try to convince you to deposit money with them.. and then make you think it is a good investment.. sorry but im a poor student who feels like she needs to eat beans everyday to make ends meet..peas for some days for some variety.. you've got the wrong person mate.
but i notice the change in their approach.. i was rather taken aback.. y? cuz the questionaire was irrelevant! it said nothing about investing, mentioned nothing about savings and the like. it made me give hp no.(a must.. thats how those pests contact you) and just ask me simply where do i usually go to do my xmas shopping..what a soft sweet unagressive approach. unlike the past.. whereby this guy tried to stop us.. then i said im not interested and i walked past and he said in an angry tone :'' y did you not even give me a chance!'' which turned me off.. and then afer the questionaire they simply shook hands and i walked off.. the next day they called me to schedule for an appointment.. i just said ive got no time... and asked them what will it be about can we just do it over the phone..then the dumb girl retorted : '' im not sure.. cuz im contacting you via third party and i dunno what's on his agenda''
what a smart choice of words.
of course i told her str8 i am not interested and have a good day!


wednesday- met up with xian.. had a full meal at this indonesian restaurant on the third floor of lucky plaza.. hm.. i missed the avocado drink..it looks like chocolate with plenty of mint cream and i guess thats how i was attracted to it in the first place..lol.. grilled chicken was delicious and the sour soup was a so-so.. it was not sour but sweet.. i think its a printing error on the menu. lol and we had chips.. i still think the indian chips i had at lagnaa restaurant is the best! :)

orchard road was flooded.. with people and rain.
and then we head to mango, zara and guess for some light shopping.. duncha think guess has a lotta mama-san clothes?
somehow i tink the line is blurred between
i bought a pair of skinny jeans.. it felt good.. this is my 2nd pair of mango jeans.. still, i dream of the day when i can just buy 5 pairs of G-star jeans in one go and not feel anything.

after that we had a little ice cream at the roadside.. sat at those stoned seats along orchard road..
and watch the crowd.. tonnes of ppl took pictures of the decorations.. some were singaporeans.. man.. these ppl sure have no life.. whats so great about the simple decor.. i can so imagine them being old and telling their grandchildren the days of their lives.. and showing them pictures of decorations in orchard road every year and their grandchildren stifling their yawns.

and we talked and talked and headed home after that ..

thursday i had my bout of ktv with a bunch of jc mates..
happy I..N...G !
and lunch in pizza hut.. mm..

and dinner in mosburger and lotsa shopping in marina..
suddenly i missed those boliao jc days where we were all lazy and crapped our way thru the days..
i missed the camaderie!
those sweet darlings helped me with my shopping dilemma..

friday i went ard town again..

saturday i celebrated christmas potluck with a bunch of sweeties and exchanged pressies as well.. somehow i feel very xin fu!lol almond longan, green curry, japanese crispy chicken, baked wasabi prawns, pasta...yummy! very satisfying.. beats any renown fare..its heartwarming..lol im so emo!!

its the simplest things that makes me happy. cliche but true.

and i realise something as the day passed.
giving gives the giver a greater joy than receiving..

after tat i headed to town to meet peipei
i bought a pair of GOLD shoes in far east and we had korean dinner in food republic.. the rice cakes were delicious and fantabulously spicy.. omg heavenly!

kimchi kimchi! kimchi kimchi!


sunday i had a christmas lunch with my family.. and lotsa red wine.. mm....


**************************




Every little thing that you say or do
I'm hung up, I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call, baby, night and day
I'm fed up,
I'm tired of waiting on you

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait
No time to hesitate
Those who run seem to have all the fun
I'm caught up, I don't know what to do
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
Time goes by so slowly
I don't know what to do

Ring ring ring goes the telephone
The lights are on but there's no one home
Tick tick tock it's a quarter to two
And I'm done, I'm hanging up on you

I can't keep on waiting for you
I know that you're still hesitating
Don't cry for me 'cause I'll find my way
You'll wake up one day, but it'll be too late
Every little thing, every little thing
I'm hung up, I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call, waiting for your call
I'm fed up,
I'm tired of waiting on you

Time goes by so slowly
So slowly
So, I don't know what to do
Every little thing, every little thing
I'm hung up, I'm hung up on you
Waiting for your call, waiting for your call
I'm fed up, I'm tired of waiting on you(fade out)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?